Saturday, March 17, 2012

Lan Sluder

Very excited, I got an email from one of my favorite travel authors today!  Lan Sluder has written some wonderful books about Belize, I have read every one from cover to cover so many times I think the pages are falling out.  It was just a short note, but how exciting for me!  Oh, to be a travel writer, I think that would be the best job in the whole wide world!

Ok, on the moving front, we managed to go through our room, closet and the storage on the back porch and pack up all of our pictures and memorabilia.  Gladly, or sadly depending on how you think of it, all of our memorabilia fit into one small box.  Wow, really?  Eighteen years of married memories in one small box.  Glad it doesn't take up too much storage room, but it's such a small box!  All of this stuff I have been dragging around for years is really pointless, the stuff I really can't do without fits in that one box.  Ok, enough about the box already!  Starting on the garage today, hoping I can get through that this weekend.  Then I will be pretty much done sorting.  I didn't realize how quickly I could get through all of this.  It's actually quite easy, I look at something and say to myself, "Self, do you like this enough to ask some one to make room in their storage unit for this, and do you REALLY want to pay for shipping to get it to Caye Caulker?"  That makes the process go VERY quickly, and I guess that would account for the aforementioned small box!  Ok, off to get started on the garage!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are getting to live out your dreams. I wish I could go with ya! I am going to miss ya'll.

    Love Ya'll,
    April

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Instead of Disney one year, you guys will have to come down! If you want to do that, just ask me about the cheapest way to go and then it won't cost too much.

      Delete
  2. That would be a great idea!

    ReplyDelete