Wednesday, April 18, 2012

We have arrived!

A very tiring trip left everyone a little grumpy and out of sorts, but nothing eventful.  We are on Caye Caulker, staying at Ignacio's Beach Cabins.  Bridget and Rick are currently passed out, but I am too excited to sleep.  I haven't seen the kids in an hour.  Rick and I took the kids into the village to get some grocery supplies, and our friend Thunderstorm went with us.  He has been following us since we left Georgia.  It rained on us all the way into the village, where we actually found a much better selection of goods than I was anticipating, and rained on us on the way back.  We stopped at a local restaurant, dripping wet, but they didn't mind and we had a wonderful lunch. Well, Rick and I did anyway.  The kids are having a hard time adjusting to the different foods here so far.  They will learn to appreciate it more when they get really hungry.  Children are plentiful here, and ours have already found a group to run with.  Trey has climbed his first coconut tree (and claimed his coconut prize), and a very kind native cut his find for us with a machete.  The fresh coconuts are SO different from the ones you buy at the grocery store back home!  YUM!  The mosquitoes are a bit worse than I thought they would be, but I came stocked for them anyway.  Our little cabin is very rustic, but will serve our needs well.  We went out on the dock and saw lots of little fish (and a few big ones!)  Sierra has provided me with our first collection of shells.  So many things have happened already today, and it is only half over, I don't think I can write it all down in one sitting, but that's ok, it will give you so much more to read in the following days!  Speaking of following, I checked my little blogs stats and we are getting page hits from Russia, China, Australia, UK, Netherlands, and of course from the USA.  I kind of feel famous.  Ok, back to the island, I will check back with you tomorrow!

P.S.  Send out the bat signal to everyone who doesn't read the blog and let them know that we arrived safely will you pretty please?

4 comments:

  1. So glad to see ya got there ok. Miss you guys much. Wish I was there too!
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey keep the blog going. You are now on Day 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear you are there and that you are having fun!!!

    Can't wait for pictures.

    Hugs to all, aunt krazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU AND YOUR LITTLE FAMILY HAVE BEEN IN MY PRAYERS CONSTANTLY AND I'M HAPPY TO LEARN YOU MADE THAT LONG TRIP WITH NO MISHAPS. I KNOW THE KIDS, BEING KIDS, AND WITH UNQUENCHABLE CURIOSITY, ARE HAVING A GREAT TIME. IT'S YOU, RICK, AND BRIDGET THAT I'M CONCERNED ABOUT! KIDS CAN SURVIVE ALMOST ANYTHING! LOVE YA LOTS, GRANNY

    ReplyDelete