Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 11

What a nightmare of a day!  It started off well, I got some things exchanged, finished up some things for Ronnie, got some bags packed, it was going great.  About 6 pm a woman knocks on the door and said that she read in the paper that we were having a yard sale THIS WEEKEND and wanted to go through things.  This weekend???  NO, it was supposed to be NEXT WEEKEND!  The paper got the dates wrong!  We let her look around, I thought it would be 15-30 minutes, make $20, badda bing, badda boom.  She was here almost FIVE HOURS!!!  She pulled out a bunch of stuff that she wanted, but we hadn't had time to go through everything and decide what we wanted for anything, and Sherry Spence (our great auctioneer from 3G's Auction) hadn't had time to go through that stuff either.  I was freaking out, I didn't know what to do.  Anyway, about four hours in, I called Sherry in a panic.  She has calmed my nerves a bit.  I am going to tape off the driveway and put a sign up saying that the yard sale is next weekend and call the paper and have them run it next week.  Sherry is going to come Monday and help me out, and I will call the other lady that came by today after that and let her know about prices and what not.  I am tired, frustrated, and just ready to be done with all this.  I am going to go to bed now, and deal with Day 10 tomorrow.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment