Friday, August 31, 2012

To Whine or Not To Whine...

I believe that happiness is a choice no matter where you are.  If you go to a foreign country with a negative attitude, you are bound to have a negative experience.  If you go with love in your heart for the country and its people, I think you will see that returned to you.  Sure, Belize has its problems, but so does anyplace on earth.  If you focus on the negative all you will see the negative.  I choose to focus on the positive, and I see it around me everywhere.  Someone suggested that I change the name of my blog because Belize isn't paradise.  It isn't?  It's hot, really freaking hot at the end of August, but is that a reason to complain or an excuse to go swimming?  Yep, there's a LOT of bugs.  A reason to complain or evidence of a thriving ecosystem?  A poor economy, yes, that sucks for everyone, but it gives the community a chance to pull together.  Just like me volunteering at the schools.  I would not be needed like this back in the States.  Just like the proverbial glass, it is your PERCEPTION that makes a place Paradise or Hell.  Attitude is the minds paint brush, it can color any situation.  Paradise?   Maybe not, but this is where I have chosen to make my home and raise my children and I will be damned if I will let some one else's negativity alter my happiness.

3 comments:

  1. I think Paradise is the right word for Belize. Some people like beaches and relax people and other just like the jungle. Over the last 21 years I visit at least ones a year the country and feeling home. Bugs or no Bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You constantly amaze me. What happened to the little girl I used to know? You know the one who got lost going to the library? I guess I should have seen this coming when you swept the neigbor's porches for ice-cream money. Can't tell you how proud I am of the person you have grown into.
    See ya soon and Love ya
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on spongebob 101 spiele.
    de. Regards

    ReplyDelete