Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New chapter in life.

I never pictured myself as the teacher type.  I am not the most patient person in the world.  I did have fun home schooling my kids, when they did what they were supposed to any way, but other people's kids?  Well, it is time for me to learn a new skill.  I am going to be a teacher!  Wow, it is weird seeing that in print.  I will be teaching computers at the elementary school for a couple of months until the real teacher can get back.  This is just as a volunteer.  I am also volunteering at the high school and will be teaching computer diagnostics and repairs.  Seems like a lot and I am feeling a little overwhelmed.  It started out with me volunteering to make sure the elementary school's computer lab was up and running for school.  Simple enough.  Then the high school asked if I would be willing to teach an elective class.  One hour a week, actually sounds fun, ok.  Then I went to the elementary school to work on their computers and the principal said that the computer teacher wouldn't be back until the end of October, and could I please fill in for her until she comes back?  Three days a week, Standards 4, 5 and 6.  How can you say no to kids?!  I couldn't.  So, I am now a volunteer teacher four days a week.  I am excited and terrified!  I will keep you updated, provided the kids don't kill me...

3 comments:

  1. You have nothing to fear. You are the most capable person I have ever known. Of-course I may be a bit predjudice. Hey just make learning fun or rather show them that learning is fun.
    Love Ya
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure you doing fine. Kids are always interesting in new things and specially computers.

    Thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. I learn something totally new and challenging on blogs I stumbleupon every
    day. It's always interesting to read articles from other authors and practice something from their web sites.

    ReplyDelete