Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Public Apology...

To a everyone involved in raising me, I apologize for being a brat.  I didn't even realize what a brat I was until I had children of my own.  In case you are wondering, God has repaid me threefold for my evil doings.  Nights like tonight are difficult at best.  They were just playing off of each other and egging each other on, until I was reduced to a strangled scream through my teeth.  Trey and Sierra either escaped to Grandma's house or were banished to Grandma's house depending on how you look at it.  I really hoped that Chandler would calm down after they left, but I believe he actually got worse.  He is the only one of them to get a spanking tonight, but now he is asleep and all is quiet.  I was sitting here remembering how angry I got as a kid, and SWEARING that if I ever had children I would be so much NICER and never yell or spank or act unfairly.  Now I have three little angels of my own, who I swear to God plan out their days just to vex me, and I realize now that parents of multiple children don't give a rats behind about fair, they just care about SILENCE.  That's it, just silence.  We don't care which of you pushed the other, or who made a face at whom, we probably wouldn't care if you knocked each other unconscious, if you just did it SILENTLY!  But instead, you scream when your brother crosses his eyes at you, you scream when your sister sticks her tongue out at you, you scream when they move that piece of paper you love SO much that you left it laying in the middle of your bedroom floor...  You scream, whine, tattle, beg, stamp your feet and act like you NEED me to come beat your little behinds, and yet...  And yet you ARE my precious little angels;  my sweet Sierra who is a little me, who is so smart and beautiful and kind.  Trey, my big boy, who brings home cocoplums and coconuts, and stays out all day fishing to bring home dinner (another story there) and wakes up early just like mommy and wants to snuggle.  And last but not least, let's not forget Chandler.  My baby, who hangs out of my hip pocket, who wants to go be a big boy (as long as mommy comes too) but who still wants to sit in my lap and sleep in my bed.  Why can't you behave to each other like you do to me when we are alone?  You love each other so much, but are convinced that the other two hate you, if you could just see yourself through their eyes for a brief moment, your life would be changed forever.  I realize that I started this blog as an apology and derailed it into a blog more for me than for you, but knowing you the way I do, I think you got far more from the way it ended up than from the way I had originally intended on writing it.  I was so angry with them when I sat down to write this, now I love them so much I am crying.  I am such a push over!

2 comments:

  1. Apology accepted.
    And extended.
    For losing patience and yelling and screaming and breaking the wooden spoon on your butt.
    You have grown to be such a fantastic mom and I am so very proud of you.
    And I love you, too...and now I'm blubbering along with you!
    Love you lots, Aunt Krazy

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1.I have know you all your life and you NEVER were a brat!
    #2. A very messy person yes.
    #3. Shall I send you a shingle?
    #4. Be gentle with my grandkids little butts!
    #5. It's all your husbands fault.
    Love Ya
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete