Saturday, June 30, 2012

School is out


Well, school is over for the year! I don't know how I feel about this really. On one hand, I don't have to get the children up and ready for school each morning, which leaves me some quiet time, but on the other hand, they are all over me all day! Let me refine that, CHANDLER is all over me every day. Sierra has all but moved in with Grandma (who lets her read all night, sleep all day, and never makes her do chores) and Trey takes off with his friends at daylight (or earlier) and they are gone all day. I am rather afraid to ask what they do, I am sure it is something that I wouldn't approve of for the safety of all involved, which is why they disappear. Chandler, however, is up my behind! At first he was taking off with Joel or Gabbi, but since he has to stay in out of the sun until these blisters heal, he is driving me up the wall! I know he is my baby and I should cherish these moments, but if he climbs on me again today like he did yesterday, I just might have to kill him.

Oh, I didn't tell you we got report cards on Thursday. Sierra was in Standard III this year, but was far and away above her classmates academically, so next year they are going to skip her to Standard V. She did very well in everything, even Spanish and religion, which is odd only in that the only Spanish she knew was from one semester of homeschooling, and she has never been to a Catholic church or school before. Trey did alright on his report card, he went from Standard I to Standard II. His Spanish and religion scores were pretty low, but they let him slide anyway. I can't help him with his religion studies (I am not Catholic either) but maybe we can practice his Spanish over the summer. Chandler, my little Chandler, he will be repeating Infant I. I was afraid that he was going to have to repeat kindergarten back in the States anyway, and with only two months of school here, they really didn't have a choice. He reads well, but his writing, attention span and self discipline are just not ready for him to move on. He was pretty upset about that, and thought that he had failed and had to do it all over again. As a mother, I couldn't let him feel that way, so we told him that the teachers wanted him to get to do all of the cool stuff he missed at the beginning of the year. He asked me if he had to do again what he has been doing the last couple of months. I didn't want to lie to the little guy, so I said “We'll see.” Which every parent knows is double speak for “You will do what I want you to, but we aren't going to fight about it right now.” By the end of next year he won't remember that he has already done this, so he won't get mad at me. That's the plan anyway.

Lobsterfest is this weekend, and I had intended to go out last night and see some of the festivities, but ended up watching a moving with all of my boys (Rick, Trey and Chandler – Sierra has moved in with Grandma remember?) and then I fell asleep. I hope today to get to wander around and see what there is to do. I would love to try all of the different lobster recipes, but my rice and beans budget will put an end to that! LOL Maybe I will find just ONE that I really HAVE to have, and then convince my wallet that it can afford it! Ok, it is just after 7 am here, and I am sure that boys will start rolling out of bed in the next few minutes so I had better get going. Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment